The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Q/P Almost 60 Years Ago
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:27 pm 

Every once in a while I go through the photos and stuff that my mother left me after she died at the age of 80 in 1999.

This photo was taken in 1951 and the girl next to me is my late sister Martha. Mom has us wrapped up good for cold weather and even when I was a Marine my sister always looked out for me. We are on the front steps of 844 Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn and just several blocks away from Ebbets Field. We lived on the third floor and my mother always had me bundled up when the temperature dropped below 90. The building is still there - if you come down to the end of Linden Boulevard you're going to crash into it.

Post subject: Re: Q/P Almost 60 Years Ago
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:55 am 

I'd know those striking blue eyes anywhere. No matter what age. Martha watching over her baby brother, as always! That's what we sister's do. My Richard, there's only 3 years between us, and I love the ground he walks on. My older one, Mike . . . . nah, not so much. I love him, but I don't like him. He's a self consumed ass, and a whiner. LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Post subject: Re: Q/P Almost 60 Years Ago
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:03 am 

I'm like Ralphie's little brother in A Christmas Story - so bundled up I can't move. Those Moms that grew up during the Great Depression were lionesses with their children. When just a powdering of snow would fall Mom wouldn't you let you out the door unless you were equipped to walk to the North Pole.