The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Chaos The Kitten Is Gone As I Cry - Last Picture
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:11 pm 

My friend Samyn (our guy from this Board) came over today with his lovely wife and children and adopted Chaos. They loved all the kittens but Chaos was their choice.

I am happier than an 18-year-old Marine with a handful of $5 bills in a Mexican skivvy house today that this wonderful kitten has found a loving home for life with a loving family.

The Momcat, Mister Mittens, knew something was up earlier today after I spoke to Samyn on the phone. I do not know a goddamned thing about motherly instincts except from what I know from my own mother and my wife and my old dead dog Susan. Mittens called all her kittens together earlier today and nursed them all together for one last time while licking and mewing with each one. She knew that somebody was leaving. Before Samyn and his family left my home with Chaos, Mister Mittens was glued to the front door to leave as well. I had to lock her up in a room as Chaos left the premises with his new owners.

I suppose things will calm down after a while with Chaos gone. In the photo, Chaos is nearest Mom's head and Mittens has her paw around this kitten in an act of love like she knows her son is gone. Damn, animals can blow your mind when you're close to them 24/7.

Post subject: Re: Chaos The Kitten Is Gone As I Cry - Last Picture
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:35 pm 

Samyn is an experienced cat owner and when he came through the front door he thought that the Momcat, Mister Mittens, the first cat he saw, might be one of the kittens. He was taken aback when I told him and his lovely wife that Mister Mittens was the Momcat - she is that small.

I see some of the feral cats running around the neighborhood and some of them are hefty tomcats going into 20 pounds and more but Mister Mittens is a young female under the age of two who might weigh 6 or 7 pounds. How she ever carried 4 kittens on the street while pregnant and delivered them healthy is beyond me but she's got a home forever in my house.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:49 pm 

Sammie's a good guy. He and his family will make a wonderful home for the little one. A lucky kitten, along with those in all these photos of recent weeks as well. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:25 pm 

I have people coming over on Tuesday to look at the other kittens for their pelts. Furry Cat Coats are big in Japan.