The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Mischief Needs A Home
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 am 

Two board members have shown interest in providing Mischief a home and I hope to have him adopted by the end of the week. This guy is healthy, playful and gentle. He's got some extraordinary markings for a tabby, including brown paw pads and dark green eyes. He's a good eater (both kibble and wet) and has been using the litterbox from week 3. He was born on July 7th and has never been outdoors. He is accustomed to the human touch and gets on well with his littermates. His brother Chaos is proving to be a fine companion for Samyn's older cat. I snapped some pix of him yesterday while he was napping.

Post subject: Re: Mischief Needs A Home
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:03 pm 

I think I have an adoption going with Mischief on Friday the 17th.

The lady adopting him is a cat lover and is highly recommended by KPMats10 who is truly The Cat Man.

I'm known at my own home by my wife as The Cat Cake Man but that's only because I am a whiz with the scoop at the litter boxes.

I knew from Day #1 deep down in my heart and shorts that I could never drop off any kittens to the county shelter or anyplace else that might put them down.

It's not like I was a bad cat owner that let his female out to get plowed by tomcats. I took in Mister Mittens from the street and gave her a home while she gave birth and I have done my best to make her a house cat and provide for her kittens. She's going to be spayed later this month and I'm keeping Trouble and sweet little Shiloh. They, too, are going to be altered and hopefully will have long healthy lives with their mother at my house.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:50 pm 

You're wonderful, and I am sure you will get back as much love you have given these sweet kittens and Mr Mittens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:21 pm 

BL, sweet little Shiloh loves to be groped and I love that little female kitten. She is the runt but she's "all cat".

Just this morning that little thing pounced on Mischief while he was drinking water and they upended the water bowl. Later on she clawed her way up the living room sofa and traveled with stealth down the length of it to perch above where Trouble was sleeping. Her brother is twice her size. With malice aforethought she leaped in the air and landed on his throat and shoulders for a play fight and I cheered her on. She's taken enough crap from her big brother including stolen nipples back in July and August.

And yet, Trouble and Shiloh are often seen all snuggled up and sleeping together. The play fights with the kittens never draws blood and nobody ever gets hurt. Mister Mittens schools them all, sometimes individually, about biting and tossing prey. It's something to see.

And this afternoon Mischief, Trouble and Shiloh were all wrapped up together and sleeping in the cat bed my wife bought when they were newborns. It was crowded but they were happy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:59 am 

Good thing is . . . . . Shiloh doesn't KNOW she's a runt. And runts, they'll getcha back. LOL