The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: This Is Feline Sibling Love
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:51 pm 

Trouble and Shiloh are always brawling one another and competing for the best feed dish. Nobody ever gets hurt - they are just being cats. The little girl will often "ambush" her much larger tomcat brother and give out in a brawl as good as she gets. Her best trick is to lay out a front paw as Trouble is galloping by to trip him into a tumble. Sometimes it seems they will tear each other apart but they just grapple and playfight. Their mother Mister Mister Mittens might have just turned two but that gal spent a bad winter out in the streets before we took her in and has taught her housecat kittens well.

This afternoon I caught the two young ones during a nap. The big tomcat has his "arm" across his lttle sister. She's sleeping with her head on her brother's hip. And yes, they are on a mapped-out schedule to be neutered by Dr. Wallach before they reach sexual maturity and I have problems. I had enough problems with sex while I was jumping out windows at the Star Hotel in Long Island City when I was 21 and a new civilian out of 4-year's service in the Marine Corps.

Cats are strange creatures but they are able to show love. Sometimes little Shiloh will come up to me, rub her head against my outstretched hand, give it a quick lick, and then gallop off. On the recliner while I'm watching TV, Trouble will jump into my lap, make cat noises, yawn, and then go to sleep on my lap.

The Momcat is a bit different. She's been feral and can be standoffish but if you catch her right she will grab your hand with both paws, pull it in (claws in), and lick it happily. She used to be on the defensive with being petted but she's OK with it now.

Anyway, this is the two young ones today:

Post subject: Re: This Is Feline Sibling Love
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:19 pm 

Trouble is big!

Shiloh likes sleeping with him...he is probably like a "radiator. I think cats run a body temp around 104 deg. Cats love heat!

Post subject: Re: This Is Feline Sibling Love
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:29 pm 

Wooley, when the heat kicked on for the first time this season Trouble parked in front of the vent in the living room, mewed with joy, and laid out in front of it with a smile on his face. When his belly got warmed he flipped over so that his back could catch the heat.

We installed a new forced-air heating system two years ago for a lot of money. And the cats know where to catch the warmth.