The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: A Happy Momcat
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:47 pm 

Full belly, warm bed, not a care in the world. Mister Mittens is NOT having a tough day.

Post subject: Re: A Happy Momcat
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:43 am 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
Happy Holidays to Mr. Mittens, Shiloh and Trouble from Arrow :D Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:30 pm 

Beautiful eyes on that cat, arrow.

Looks like he/she eats good as well but I understand that close-up photos can screw up the perspective.

My tomcat Trouble is long and lean and I still can't figure out how his guts stretch out from his neck all the way to his ass.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:53 pm 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
She's definitely well-fed but at 11 years old she still got some pretty quick moves and a set of claws that provide great traction (I have the track marks on my feet to prove it) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:40 am 

Great pix, arrow.

That is one beautiful black cat but us cat fans still haven't heard about the creature's name, sex, or age.

This morning somebody was ranting about a great Wisconsin cheese on the Today Show for grilled cheese but I blew it by not writing it down.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:50 am 

For a NY cheese fan.
http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

Arrow the Cat is a female, 11 years old and named after a killer black German Shepard from a favorite book of mine. (I assume you were asking about the cat ;) )

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:52 am 

Gorgeous Cat Arrow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:01 am 

What a beauty...looks like arrow "rules :mrgreen: the show"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:38 am 

I was useless with cats as an old dog owner and didn't care much until Mister Mittens gave birth next to my front stoop on the blanket. Jeez, my son loved and fed that young cat before somebody knocked her up and she went through a bad winter.

July 7th, 2010 and the mom is nursing her kittens tucked up against the front stoop. That was the morning that my son flew out to Ohio to go to jail.

My wife is off to work.

I'm thinking that the Momcat is OK after but she's in piss poor shape with the entire front yard open to her while nursing her four kittens. I was a Marine and I knew she was in a poor defensive position.

I get the kittens into the garage without being clawed or bit by the Momcat after I draw her off with food and get her into the house. I lay out the kittens upon a blanket in the garage and turn Mister Mittens loose. She races to the front stoop and finds her kittens gone. She sniffs the air and goes beserk. Her babies are gone. She walks all over my property sniffing the air and mewing and then goes like a rocket underneath my garage door that has been left open by about 8 inches. With her paws she gathers in her four kittens to nurse.

Later in the day the cats are gone. I brought out food and water for the Momcat. Nobody was there on the blanket. I go to the rear of the garage up against a back wall and in a tiny space is the momcat with her back legs in the air and her front paws grabbing her kittens to go grab a nipple. It was 98 degrees and had to be 110 or more in the garage.

Next morning we have five cats in the house to get away from the furnace heat out in the garage. The temps went to a hundred and it had to be 115+ in the garage. My obituary can read about my Marine service in action or my time on the bus in drag with a low-cut evening gown but nothing will ever be said about my treatment of dogs and cats.

Two kittens are adopted and the other two have homes here for life with their Mom.

Sometimes you could be in bed and sweet little tiny Shiloh will jump into bed with you and paw your face in the dark (claws in) and mew with happiness before going to sleep next to you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:48 pm 

Thanks guys.