The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Tomcat And Tiny Cat
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:46 pm 

Trouble eats like a horse and even tried to jump my bag of fresh bagels this morning. He's twice as big as his sister and is much larger than his mother. But Shiloh takes no crap off of him and his mother can still kick his ass.

Post subject: Re: Tomcat And Tiny Cat
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:22 pm 

With the girls homebound and happy the plans for neutering have been altered (no pun intended). Female cats do not go into "heat" like female dogs and human ladies do. They ovulate only after getting plowed.

When a male becomes sexually mature his brain goes haywire. I used to be 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18.

Trouble is going to have his "gear" lightened up in January when he turns 6 months.

His operation will not be major invasive surgery and will not cost me a fortune. He'll be home same day.

I feel for him but "No BBs, no babies" and I'm done with kittens. I'll have the girls "done" further down the line. They will have to have the uterus and ovaries removed via "a cut through the gut".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:09 am 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
You'll know when one of the girls goes into heat, believe me. Just one look and their tales go up and they let out a pathetic howl/moan. Best not to wait too long ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:36 am 

Lady cats do not go into heat from the books I have read.

My pup slut Susan lived to be 19 years and ten months. She had a litter at 8 months of age.

In "season" Susan would jump the fence and chase male dogs while running backwards with her tale in the air.

One day Susan and my spayed female rottweiler Sandy were out in the front yard. A huge German Shephard came galloping down the block and jumped the fence. Susan was in heat and I got her into the house. Sandy was the biggest and nicest dog you could ever meet. The male dog began to nudge Sandy and she didn't like it. He caught the "scent" and thought it was her's. When the dog tried to mount her Sandy went nuts and spun around and took the dog by the throat. She had him standing up against the cyclone fence with her jaws clamped hard.

I ran out out of the house to save the stud's life - 90 pound spayed lady rottweilers do not like pushy boyfriends, or any boyfriend for that matter. Jeez, I loved those dogs. Susan lived to be 19, Sandy lived to be 15.

The huge rotty would jump into bed with me, get my face with a large slurp, spin twice, fart, and collapse with happiness. She was a wonderful dog. She was three when her owners gave her up to be put down at the town animal shelter. My son and I got her out of there on "death day". We were looking for somebody else and my son stuck his arm into Sandy's cage as a small boy. She licked his hand and laid back her rotty ears while looking at him with huge brown gentle eyes.

She was in my car 20 minutes later all adopted and legal and licensed.

But I'm OK with cats now. Their brains are small and they are not as smart as dogs but they are still fun to be near.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:44 pm 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
As a veteran of 2 litters and and 1/2 dozen female cats take my word for it they do go into heat usually around 6 months give or take. Spaying a cat is a very simple and safe procedure and eliminates a lot of unwanted behavior and protects females from reproductive organ cancers.

http://www.vetinfo.com/symptoms-of-cats-in-heat.html

The girls will thank you for it later :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:10 pm 

That dude is a stud. Let him out at least one night. He will have blueballs buddy. Not right, stripped of his man hood before a good taste of the night life as a teen. :( If he comes in late after curfew, cut his balls off. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:57 pm 

oldguy wrote:
That dude is a stud. Let him out at least one night. He will have blueballs buddy. Not right, stripped of his man hood before a good taste of the night life as a teen. :( If he comes in late after curfew, cut his balls off. :lol:

Not as simple as you state. Trouble has to fight off other experienced males.

I had a big, beautiful, tough male Siamese cat. He didn't get along with the family dog, and left home for a life of adventure. Pywacket would show up when he was beaten up from catting around...with saliva dripping from his fur in bite shapes and eventually with a part of his ear missing.

You never what miss what you never had.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:43 pm 

Years ago there was an old male cat along Crescent Street in Astoria, Queens that we would feed from the Marine Corps League saloon. The cat prowled the neighborhood as a wild thing and was a tough old tom. But the bad thing was that his face was torn apart, he was missing most of one ear and part of another. We called him 'Half Head' and admired him for his toughness.

I'm just happy I still have both of my ears from when I was chasing female company years ago.