The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Mister Mittens' Belly Glue
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:17 am 

That is not blood on Mister Mittens' gut - it's a red-hued surgical glue that was used to close her outer incision. She was stitched internally as part of her spaying procedure. I find the entire deal very fascinating and am sharing this info for anybody that might want to adopt a female cat in the future. The momcat is eating and running around like nothing ever happened to her just a few short days ago. It's not a big deal.

Post subject: Re: Mister Mittens' Belly Glue
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:12 pm 

When well-fed, warm, and in a nice environment that can be trusted even a former feral street cat will sleep happily for 16 hours out of every 24. Mister Mittens landed in a good spot I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
When well-fed, warm, and in a nice environment that can be trusted even a former feral street cat will sleep happily for 16 hours out of every 24. Mister Mittens landed in a good spot I think.

Cats do alot of daytime sleeping... so they can rest up for the :mrgreen: night

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:50 pm 

The cat breath in my face before dawn by Mister Mittens and the pawing at my feet and the cat walking on my belly and groin at 4:30 a.m. only reinforces my belief that the cats truly love me.

No teeth, no claws, no noise, no violence. They are very gentle and loving while telling me to get my ass out of bed to serve breakfast.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:33 am 

And now a week later sweet little Shiloh has been dropped off with Dr. Wallach for her dose of belly glue.

Yeah, I'm sweating her out. That little runt is the bride's "munchkin" and our little girl but Dr. Wallach explained to me that he expects Shiloh to tolerate her surgery even better than the Momcat because of her age (6 months, 10 days) and not having been a mother.