The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Sweet Little Shiloh - Great News!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:52 pm 

Her tiny ovaries and uterus are gone but Valerie at Dr. Wallach's office just told me that Shiloh is up in her cage and lively and eating well.

Our beloved little girl runt cat Shiloh can come home tomorrow and catch all the love that her mother, brother, and the humans she owns can give her. I am a happy fellow - she cried in the pet carrier this morning as I drove her to the University Animal Hospital. She doesn't know anything except being a good housecat inside my home and the only time she was out she was in the carrier with her brother to go get a physical and innoculations and medicine for de-worming (precaution as a kitten from a street cat).

This morning Dr. Wallach told me that she would be fine and that he was especially aware that she is so small.

The news is better than banging a huge Pick 3.

Post subject: Re: Sweet Little Shiloh - Great News!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:23 pm 

Thats great news!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:25 pm 

You just want the underdog to go well if you are me. You just want the little girl to be OK.

Image Yeah, the small blotchy mostly white thing is Shiloh. Her brother caught all the good nipples but she always caught a lot of admiration for fighting for milk from Mister Mittens and showing tons of heart with her three larger siblings. That little girl from day #1 has always wanted to live and nobody was going to beat her down. Jeez, we love that little gal at my house.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:05 pm 

Cats don't know they are going to a hospital or for what for. I got up at 4:45 this morning to get all the feed dishes up off the kitchen floor. Shiloh had to go to surgery with an empty stomach. All three cats were looking for food shortly thereafter but we fed nobody since Shiloh was going to leave at 8:45 for a 9 o'clock appointment for her surgery. The bride and I made the decision (like last week) that Shiloh was not going to be laid aside and locked away while her mother and brother ate. Mister Mittens and Trouble were going to have an 8:45 breakfast after I left the house with Shiloh.

Around 7 o'clock I caught the huge tomcat Trouble in my wife's bed with his little sister. He was licking her ears, the back of her head, her neck, the sides of her face, and her throat. He was grooming and cleaning all the places that his sister cannot reach with her own tongue. Nothing sexy involved - this was normal cat behavior from a family unit. This afternoon he did the same thing for his mother on the Castro upstairs.

Watching cats interact as a family unit is a truly fascinating experience. They might give the middle claw to the people they own now and again but they get along well as family members.

It's different for cats in the street that scream and fight for mates and food. I'm just so happy that Mister Mittens did not get hurt as a young street cat - my son saved her life with his kindness.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 pm 

AW...Shiloh will be fine. Her surgery was probably less invasive because she is an immature kitty, and her recovery is likely "all over" when she comes home.

The "trauma" is being away from her home. Will the predicted snow stop you from picking up Shiloh? Can you go early?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:24 pm 

Wooley, I'm about a mile from where Shiloh is.

The snow turning to rain is not supposed to be a big deal in Nassau County in the morning but I would plow through thigh-deep snow with blankets to carry sweet little Shiloh home.

Oh Wow!, the old tough football player, baseball player, Marine, and street fighter is starting to look like an old fart mush pansy cat lover.

Yeah, I'm there.

One day I woke up next to little Shiloh, all 5 pounds of her then. She woke up, touched my face with a paw (claws in), mewed, and then went back to sleep.

Tough broad to love, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:37 pm 

Cats are grreat! :mrgreen: