The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Cat Beds
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:12 pm 

The beloved bride of 37 years is on medical leave from her work after outpatient surgery. Earlier today she gathered up the cat beds and laid them on the living room sofa, figuring that the cats have outgrown them and would rather sleep someplace else. She had the cat beds filled with their toys and other stuff.

Sweet little Shiloh got spayed today and is not at home. Here's what her brother and mother thought about the cat beds:

This guy was in the same bed nursing out in my garage less than 24 hours after he was born:

Post subject: Re: Cat Beds
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 pm 

In that last photo that's Trouble and Shiloh in the cat bad (the tan bed in the earlier photo). The feral Momcat had just come back into the garage after eating and using my yard as a litterbox and was looking for her other two kittens. She crawled back to get one (Chaos) and laid down to nurse him. Shortly after this photo was taken she placed Chaos into the cat bed and then went behind stuff to grab Mischief and bring him into the bed.

'Twas more than 90 degrees that day and more than 100 in the garage. My wife and I knew that the kittens would cook off and die. I never abused or shot a prisoner and she never ever tried to hurt any living creature.

Yeah, you know what happened. We got two adopted and took on three with a promise to give the cats a good shot for a good life.

As old dog owners we had to read a lot but kindness goes a long way with cats. I'm just happy that Mister Mittens and her son Trouble and her daughter Shiloh got together and voted that it would be a good deal to own my family.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:46 pm 

And Trouble and Shiloh are STILL napping together as they were in that cat bed.

Oh, Q/P you have to be very careful with referring to the cats as "family members" or you'll have the same problem as this family in MA.

[b]Cat is summoned for jury duty in Boston; court rejects owners' appeal to disqualify him[/b]

"Boston resident Sal Esposito has been called to jury duty, but there's one thing standing in the way of his ability to serve: He's a cat.

Massachusetts couple Anna and Guy Esposito received a jury duty summons for their feline friend this month, who they had listed as a household resident on the 2010 Census.

"Sal is a member of the family so I listed him on the last Census form under pets but there has clearly been a mix-up," Anna told local TV station WHDH. "I read the whole thing and I said, 'Oh my God, how could he go, he's a cat?'"

"I was shocked," added Anna's husband Guy, though he said Sal - a fan of crime shows - "knows right and wrong."

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/20 ... ualif.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:21 am 

While I was peeing a quart of used beer a little while ago with the door opened about 4 inches from closed a small plastic ball with a bell in it rolled in.

I didn't think anything of it until the second one rolled in.

As I was zipping up the young tomcat's head peered around the door.

Jeez, he's a gentle fellow and a wonderful guy. You just have to laugh. The big lug is a nice cat and he goes to sleep in a hurry with gentle strokes along his side when he's laid out.

Post subject: Not a bed but these cats are sleeping
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:10 am 

Last edited by Samyn on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:12 am 

Aw...you were supoposed to play with him!

That is why he rolled his toys your way... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:41 am 

I read it my "cat books" - the Sphinx Sleep.

Cats will be on their haunches with their head up. The eyes will close - they will go into some early stage of cat sleep. They will rest but it is not deep sleep. In a heartbeat they can run or fight.

The huge female rottweiler that I had for 15 years (and other dogs) will lay out and then happily fart, snore, and sleep. Cats will not - their ears are always pricked even when in a safe spot and in deep sleep - a part of their brains is always awake and working on data that the ears pick up.

Mom Nature provides some good things for all of her creatures.