The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Suckered In By A Female Cat Again
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:14 pm 

While I was looking at the Delta card this evening sweet little Shiloh came upstairs and laid down next to my desk. She kept flashing some young white thigh at me and showing me those green eyes and beautiful pink lips.

When I got out of my chair she took off like a shot, raced downstairs in a blur, and joind her mother and brother at the feed dishes.

The big time dinner went out and you better be laughing.

Post subject: Re: Suckered In By A Female Cat Again
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:34 pm 

The cats bring so much joy to my home.

My wife goes super happy with them when they crowd up to sleep with her at night. I used to make her happy in bed but that was almost four decades ago.

Please keep laughing.

We were going to keep Mister Mittens and her son Trouble and get rid of the runt Shiloh (Sweet Babycakes) but I convinced the bride that one more wasn't going to kill us and probably nobody would adopt the tiny girl. We kept her. That small creature had to fight for a nipple as a kitten into her small mother with her three larger siblings but she always fought and clawed with her three larger siblings to catch some mom milk.

Shiloh is a wonderful little girl - that cat just loves being alive and mews with joy and purrs when you pet her when she's napping.

Dinner tonight:

Post subject: Re: Suckered In By A Female Cat Again
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 pm 

This photo was taken last summer when Mister Mittens was grabbing a meal. The tiny Shiloh is at the bottom of the photo in the cat bed. She just laid out and did not have the size or energy to play with her three brothers or compete well during feeding time.

The wife and I decided to let Mother Nature take her course with "natural selection" regarding the runt of the litter that couldn't feed well but Mister Mittens had different ideas as a mother. When the three guys were asleep she would grab Shiloh by the scruff and drag her off to a corner and pull her in to the best nipples while she groomed her and encouraged her to catch nourishment. It was just Mister Mittens with her tiny daughter but Mom wanted to give her runt a shot at life.

There ain't nothing like a Mom.