The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Monday Evening Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:22 pm 

The cats knew that my wife is away and so is my son. They also knew I was playing some ponies and drinking some beers today.

When they got hungry this evening they came upstairs as a team and sent off the small virgin female Shiloh (Sweet Babycakes) to jump into my lap at my desk, mew, and roll over to expose her small female furry charms to me.

I was 18 again and in a Mexican brothel again with ten bucks down in Tiajuana!

On a serious note, I loaded them up with some great cat dinners. These three creatures bring a lot of joy to my house.

"Sweet Babycakes" (Shiloh) has put on some weight and size. She'll never be mistaken for a huge female but she's not exactly the tiny runt anymore.

Post subject: Re: Monday Evening Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:58 am 

Shiloh looks good. Yes, she has gained a little weight. Maybe she is in a final growth spurt.

She doesn't appear to be as interested in eating as Mom and Bro :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:31 pm 

Shiloh is indeed "Sweet Babycakes".

This afternoon she came upstairs, went all "archy-back" while rubbing up against my leg, mewed with happiness while staring at me with her beautiful green eyes, and then jumped up to her favorite window perch. It's nice out, the window is open, and she's thrilled just to be alive and scoping the nighborhood.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:27 pm 

Chaos now known as Fonzi is the agressive eater at my abode. He always muscles Brehms out and gets first choice on the food. Brehms defers to him every time. If I ever want to deliver food to Brehms I have to first put down a bowl for Fonz then Brehms will always get the 2nd bowl.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:39 pm 

Fonzi probably remembers tussling with his brother, Trouble for milk...so he started out aggressive re food.

Brehms gets the same amt of food and you don't allow Fonzi to push him away from his bowl, right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:08 pm 

They both get the same amount of food. Sometimes if Fonzi finishes up first he jumps over to Brehms' bowl and pushes her aside. i don't provide intervention on Brehms behalf. The cats are the bosses; I'm just their servent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:00 pm 

Yups.

With the wife and son away from home the cats understand that I am their only servant so they are treating me nicely. The momcat Mister Mittens rubs up against me lately and keeps her teeth and claws to herself when I pet her. She knows who lays out the chow and treats.

This morning when she wanted breakfast at 5:30 a.m. Mister Mittens jumped into my bed and rubbed up against me, laid down, and then laid a smooth, gentle clawless paw across my arm. The cats play me like they went to Julliard School of Music and I'm just an old violin.