The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Housecats Go Outside For First Time
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:00 pm 

Other than going to the vet in a cat carrier Trouble had never been outside before and he was clueless. The sights, sounds, and the smells outside boggled his mind. But soon the cat thing took shape and he began to explore a bit. We had him outfitted with a cat harness on a leash in case he liked the outside too much.

Trouble sees his first bug and becomes alert.

There's a bug on the dandelion and Trouble gets ready to pounce.

Little Shiloh liked being outside and gets perched in the den to watch how her brother takes to it.

Catching a new scent the tomcat begins to stalk low to the ground.

Post subject: Re: Housecats Go Outside For First Time
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:09 pm 

THIS IS JUST :lol: WONDERFUL!!!!

You just HAVE to get another cat harness so they can go out "together" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:13 pm 

It was interesting to learn that cats are so agile because they have 80 vertebrae to our 30 and that a collar around the neck with a leash (like with dogs) is a big no-no. Their necks are too fragile for that and a lunge or jerk could cause severe injury. With a cat harness you can control the cat with pressure upon it's shoulders and chest.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:25 pm 

Trouble is so agreeable that putting the on cat harness on is no problem. Same with SBC's (Shiloh)

Mr Mittens would not like this at all. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:12 pm 

My daughter does the same thing with Fonzi (formally known as Chaos). After walking a dog for years -and clearly being in charge- though I can't walk a cat. It is like two men dancing the waltz both trying to take the lead. It doesn't work for dancing, it doesn't work for making babies and it doesn't work for walking cats.

The cat has to be in charge and spends most of the time crouched down or sitting stalking birds and squirrels. Having a big six foot four dummy next to you really kills the element of surprise if you are a cat staling birds. I will leave the cat walks to my daughter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:29 am 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ROTF

Samyn wrote:
My daughter does the same thing with Fonzi (formally known as Chaos). After walking a dog for years -and clearly being in charge- though I can't walk a cat. It is like two men dancing the waltz both trying to take the lead. It doesn't work for dancing, it doesn't work for making babies and it doesn't work for walking cats.

The cat has to be in charge and spends most of the time crouched down or sitting stalking birds and squirrels. Having a big six foot four dummy next to you really kills the element of surprise if you are a cat staling birds. I will leave the cat walks to my daughter.