The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Night Stalker Cat
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:05 am 

I was going to bed with no wife, no young floozie, no 12-pack of warm beer, no .45 pistol, and no bottles of cheap wine when I shot a last photo of the two young cats.

I turned out the lights.

And then I leaped out of bed!

The tomcat must have seen a bug on the wall or a ghost or some goddamn thing that had him all riled up. He leaped like a shot to the stair railing and just sat there while tracking whatever he saw up against the wall. His ass is sitting on an inch and a half of railing and its down a long way if he makes a mistake to his right. There is nothing there - that wall he's glaring at is newly painted and clean

Not ten minutes later the tomcat Trouble is going nuts with a different wall. Strange things have happened at my house with noises and things moving that people have seen and heard but I never saw one of my dogs (from years ago) or a cat become fixed upon a clean slick wall.

That tomcat was seeing or hearing something that I could not see or hear. He was focused and wide awake and scoping the ceiling when he should have been asleep.

Post subject: Re: Night Stalker Cat
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:35 pm 

Cats are excellant predators and hunters...who knows what is in Trouble's "head" and what could possibly lurking :mrgreen: on a newly painted wall....