The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Ambush Tomcat
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:35 pm 

The tomcat Trouble was running all over the house like a runaway freight train this evening. He was up and downstairs like a rocket on his young legs and just thrilled to be alive. He had no mission in mind except to leap upon things and go bouncing off walls and go jumping all over the place while warbling and mewing with joy.

And then he found out his mother and sister were in the den with my wife. He went very quietly and set himself upon a cat fort gizmo in the living room while staring down the hallway. He was waiting for a cat to come by.

When his mother came by he screamed and leaped upon her! Mister Mittens got knocked down but then she went nuts and kicked her son's ass.

Post subject: Re: Ambush Tomcat
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:03 pm 

Trouble is akin to a teenage boy of about 13-14 yrs old.
As you have discovered cats :mrgreen: love to stalk and pounce.

Mom is a "street-fighter" and there is probably no such thing as a "play-fight" for Mr Mittens.
Trouble gets the "message" but cannot "control" himself!

Post subject: Re: Ambush Tomcat
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:32 pm 

Mister Mittens raced out of the house yesterday while I was collecting the mail. She walked through a flower bed out front (on the low) and then began looking for a good fence to jump.

I wouldn't worry about her if she vanished a bit simply because she knows her mother is still a street cat and I know that she can take care of herself but she didn't race off.

I waltzed into the flower bed and picked her up and brought her back into the house. She could still be "street cat" but she understands that a warm bed and at least three squares a day ain't a bad deal. And she's spayed - she has no reason to run the streets anymore except to see her mother and maybe some old cat buddies.