The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Tomcat Was Bad This Morning
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:53 pm 

He was playing with his toys with wild abandon and galloping like a maniac all over the house while making loud cat noises. He knocked his sister off her feet and then tried to grab some treats meant for his mother. His bad behavior was only stopped when his mother hissed and swatted him across the face with all her fangs flashing.

They made up but Shiloh refused to sleep with her brother this afternoon. They are usually wrapped up with one another as neutered siblings but all Trouble could do was grab the end of the sofa in the den.

The momcat Mister Mittens usually takes her afternoon naps alone and today she came upstairs with her favorite mouse toy and crashed upon the old Castro. She put a paw swat across her son's face this morning that would have made my mother proud.

Post subject: Re: The Tomcat Was Bad This Morning
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:50 pm 

Mr Mittens looks so contented snoozing away.

One thing about cats..they do like to snooze!

Post subject: Re: The Tomcat Was Bad This Morning
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:17 am 

Wooley, the momcat Mister Mittens is a strange girl. You can pet her as she walks by and she will tolerate the touching but never acknowledge your love - UNLESS it's under her terms.

Terms?

I'm upstairs in the recliner reading a book. The momcat will jump up and then begin to paw at my legs gently (claws in). I will spread my legs. Mister Mittens will nestle between my old legs and stare at me. I will pet her ears and neck and she will go limp as she snoozes off with happiness. You can rub her sides and she will do nothing but purr with happiness.

But when she's sleeping alone she doesn't want to be touched a lot. She'll let you pet her and she won't bite or claw you but you just know she would prefer that you were someplace else.