The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Took A Chance With The Cats - Photos Added
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:50 pm 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
I have a very unique cat. She is afraid of everyone except me (possibly feral when I got her) and hates other cats. She will go out on the deck only if it's dark and never goes in the front only in back and only one house away on either side. If a cat comes after her she hits the deck and screams. I am well trained so I come on command. She was about 5 months old when I got her and a feral tomcat attacked her on our deck. He was determined he was going to kill her so she only went out with me. I bought a super-soaker (large squirt gun) and the 2 of us would wait for him on the deck in the dark. If I saw him in the alley I chased him with the car. This is the only cat I have ever hated but I didn't kill him, just scared the hell out of him. After a year of this he just disappeared but Arrow remembers and will not go out unless I'm there. I wish she wasn't so afraid but at least I know she'll always be safe. She turns 12 in July and probably will live at least 6 years maybe more. The cat we had before her lived to be 17 and she was always allowed outside. She was an excellent hunter and always brought a body part home as a trophy. You couldn't identify the animal or even the body part. One time my son was shooting at pigeons with a pellet gun from the bathroom window. Shadow weighed about 7 pounds and was 16. She sat waiting beneath the window and when he hit one she retrieved it for him. The pigeon was bigger than her but she dragged it back to the house. I wasn't happy with him killing pigeons but the look on that old cats face was priceless. She was an exception though. Most cats that are allowed outside die a lot younger. Maybe happier maybe not. You need to start training Trouble to come when you whistle. Use a can of treats. Whistle call his name and shake the can. He'll get the idea. Cats are trainable especially if they love you which they seem to. Good luck :D