The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Bad News Tomcat Deal Today - Got Some Pix
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:11 pm 

No pix but I did hear my wife use some 4-letter words that got me excited. I'm certain that she learned a lot of those dirty words while attending an all-girls Catholic high school in the late 1960s.

It's May. It's warm. People go in and out of my home and a fly got in.

The tomcat Trouble tracked it all over the living room and spent time swatting at it and leaping straight up when it flew nearby.

Then the fly screwed everything up by going to my wife's bedroom with the cat right behind. The fly lands on the ceiling near a window. The tomcat is a housecat and he's been neutered but his genetic code tells him that he's a hunter. He leaps -

While clawing his way up some curtains to the ceiling like a maniac to get at the fly the curtain rods give way and everything came crashing to the floor, including the cat. I thought he was dead meat but he immediately untangled himself, vaulted a king-size bed, and hauled ass.

Later on Trouble came to the sofa where my wife was sitting. He jumped up beside her and began nudging her thigh, her hand, and her torso with his head while she glared at him. Finally he closed his eyes and sprawled across her lap while going motionless. She petted him and hugged him and stroked his flanks while he purred with joy.

Yeah, there's some cat love at my house.

Post subject: Re: Bad News Tomcat Deal Today - Got Some Pix
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:43 pm 

Unbeknownst earlier to me there were photos taken of the numbnuts tomcat while he chased the fly today before he crashed the curtains in my wife's bedroom.

He flopped down and that's one of his favorite toys by his ass and under his tail but he doesn't care - he's tracking a fly and working out a plan of attack. This gentle creature never extends his claws near a human being but the fronts are out in this photo. One set is in the carpet and the other front set is coming out.

When the fly took off and landed alongside a living room window the cat tracked it and worked out 'Plan B'.

Plan B for Trouble was to get on a sofa, dig the right back claws in for traction and then fire a deadly pounce into the window frame on his left. He accomplished everything he intended to do except capture the fly.

I have no photos of the curtains down but that goddamn cat is loved by everybody in my house.

Post subject: Re: Bad News Tomcat Deal Today - Got Some Pix
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 am 

Great shot!

You can see the power and breadth of his backside getting ready to leap up!

Pound for pound cats are strong. Muscles of "steel" They are tough.