The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Sweet Babycakes (Shiloh)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:44 pm 

This little girl cat is the gentlest creature I have ever met. She was the runt of the litter last July and probably would not have survived in the street simply because she didn't have the size or strength to compete for nipples with her three larger brothers all into the gut of a small momcat.

My wife and I had a deal that we would keep Trouble and the momcat Mister Mittens but that three kittens had to go. Samyn and his kids picked out Chaos. A friend of KPMats10 adopted Mischief. The North Shore Animal League called to say that would take Shiloh (the bride named her - Shy and Low because of her small stature).

The wife and I talked. I was telling her that three cats aren't a great big deal off of two and that I had read some cat books. She relented.

Relented? That wonderful bride of mine for 38 years has the cats in bed with her and I'm not allowed to go anywhere near it!

Anyway, I snapped this photo of Sweet Babycakes this evening on my wife's bed. The bride is in Virginia and is going to bring our granddaughter to Long Island for a visit tomorrow but little Shiloh misses her.

Post subject: Re: Sweet Babycakes (Shiloh)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:05 am 

It got bad when I missed the late double at Mountaineer. I had been drinking beer, Irish whiskey, rotgut gin, and Lysol with cranberry juice on the rocks. With my wife and son away I had to take out my frustration on an innocent creature that never caused me any harm. I grabbed a baseball bat and went looking for a cat. I caught Shiloh (Sweet Babycakes) and all she could do was ball up in a defensive position when she saw me raise the bat...

NO!!!

That precious little girl is a contortionist and sleeps in so many different positions I often wonder about how she can do it. I took the photo, I had no bat, and I ran my hand along her side for a soft petting. She stretched a bit, emitted some kind of cat squeak, and went back to sleep.

That little girl is loved beyond belief at my house.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:45 am 

You can't see it in this photo but the momcat Mister Mittens is out in the garage last July cuddling next to the catbed while her three sons snooze in it after a feeding.

The runt female Shiloh is desperately trying to get to her mother for milk - she just knows she has to get to her mother and in this shot she's only a few days old.

Mister Mittens collected her small daughter with her front paws and pulled her into her belly. I wish I had some photos. I understand the Momcat had a priority with the three biggest but she never tossed her little daughter. After landing inside the house Shiloh would get shut out some more but her mother would grab her by the scruff and carry her off for private nursing after the the males were asleep. You had to see it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:46 pm 

Good things come in small packages.

I think 1/8 is correct. :mrgreen:

Shiloh got Mr Mittens' looks, savy and smarts, but she is the sweet version.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 pm 

wooley85 wrote:

She is alot nicer!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:11 pm 

1/8-pole wrote:
wooley85 wrote:

She is alot nicer!!!

But none of the Mittens' family would be around today if Mr Mittens had not street saavy and toughness to survive as a feral cat...until she saw you and the tunafish can :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:20 pm 

They are all fish freaks. This morning they didn't like the premium chicken in gravy and the chicken in juices - both by Whiskas.