The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Recliner Boy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:34 pm 

OK, I've only been involved intimately with cats for a year now but I didn't first come into town in overalls aboard a turnip wagon. I think the wagon was carrying watermelons. For more than half a century I have known friends and relatives that had cats. I have been scratched and bitten by cats many times just by being kind to them from childhood until recent times.

And then there is Trouble. Born of a small feral girl cat he was the biggest kitten and the most aggressive for snagging the best nipple. Even before his eyes were open he scrambled into his mother's belly and went nuts until he found the best milk tap while pushing his siblings aside.

Earlier this year after his mom and sister were spayed Trouble was developing into a tomcat - and yet he was a gentle creature. He never sprayed or went nasty. He was carrying two huge expanding BBs under his tail when Dr. Wallach, DVM made them go away. Trouble was home same day and never missed his balls although I did cry for him.

Anyway, this 15-pound tomcat that's 11 months old has claws that can tear you apart. He has fangs that can scare you.

And you know what? You never see those things. He makes cat noises when you pet him and if he's walking by and you give him a rub he'll more than likely drop to the floor, close his eyes, and welcome some rubs. Some nights he jumps into bed with my wife and snuggles up close. She rubs his ears. If I tried that I'd have to explain to the police why my head is bleeding and ask for help in finding my ears.

Anyway, during the Belmont card today I shot some pix of the tomcat Trouble while I was a room away at my desk losing money.

Post subject: Re: Recliner Boy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:15 pm 

I'm in :mrgreen: luv!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Recliner Boy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:28 pm 

Wooley, that creature is the sweetest, nicest, gentlest animal you could ever get near.

He "warbles" a lot. His vocalizations are amazing. He warbles in bed with strange cat noises with my wife. She pets him and rubs his head, his belly and shoulders. He goes happy and crashes out - just like I used to do almost 40 years ago.