The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Little Shiloh Goes Missing
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:56 am 

I know, it's a strange deal but we can't go to bed at my house without making sure the cats are OK.

We can't find Sweet Babycakes.

1/8 Pole flew out to Ohio this morning so I go downstairs and turn on a light and there she is upon his bed. Sometimes cats just want to lay out solo. Sometimes they do a "Greta Garbo" and just want to be alone. Sometimes they want to be someplace where you can't find them and as a home owner for a long time you are not going to find them. They scrunch up into somewhere and never make a noise or move.

Anyway, Sweet Babycakes was sleeping in John's empty bed.

Upstairs on my way to bed I snapped a shot of Shiloh's mother - Mister Mittens is becoming an old girl now at the age of two. The former street cat has become a wonderful housecat but she sometimes can show an attitude, some teeth, and some claws that remind you that she used to be a young feral feline. Around dawn she will jump into my bed and head butt me gently. She will also run a smooth gentle paw across my face (claws in). The message is that I need to get out of bed and feed her before she tears my face apart with teeth and claws.

Post subject: Re: Little Shiloh Goes Missing
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:00 pm 

Who says cats aren't smart? Shiloh "knows" 1/8 Pole is away...probably misses him or is taking the opportunity to sleep on :mrgreen: his bed!

Post subject: Re: Little Shiloh Goes Missing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:21 pm 

Today, I find out that Sweet Babycakes has turned down the comforter a bit with her claws to make some folds and provide her small head a nice pillow.

I suppose breakfast in bed is the next step.