The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Air Conditioning And The Cat Pissoff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:27 am 

There are rooms with OK window AC at my house but you can't fire them up with the door open so as to let the cats go in and out. You can't herd cats with a with good horse or a great border collie. You cannot get three cats to get into a group where it's cool despite their being blood relatives during hot weather. They just won't do what humans want them to do. They will look at you intently and flash the middle claw while sneering.

Cats can go together as blood on their own and you will wonder about the clawing and biting and screaming before they go to sleep all wrapped up with one another with love but you ain't getting them together to keep them cool in an air-conditioned room with a door closed.

On my way to bed tonight I catch the tomcat Trouble catching almost 90 degrees by an airless window. He could be in bed with my wife having chilly air blown all over his furry carcass. Or he could be upstairs with me snoozing in front of an air conditioner.

But no good - he's a cat and parks his ass where he figures he should be. He knows cool and hot but he knows himself better via his God-given genetics than any human can jerk him with.

Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning And The Cat Pissoff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:58 am 

:mrgreen:

Trouble is waiting by the window "to catch the interloper" who trespasses on your driveway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:25 pm 

Our cat has acsess to AC, yet prefers to bake in the hot area :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:43 pm 

I got the momcat behind a sofa today baking. The two young ones are crapped out in the downstairs saloon where it's cooler. None of them want to eat in this heat and neither do I.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:36 am 

Get those cats out of my room!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 pm 

1/8-pole wrote:
Get those cats out of my room!!!

The cats love to sleep in your room when you are not :mrgreen: around!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:38 pm 

1/8 Pole is always bitching about killing the cats. And then you catch him petting a cat and making baby talk while the cat squeals with joy. He's an old Army infantry dork but he still loves the cats no matter what he says. Earlier today Sweet Babycakes was lying down at the top of the stairs out of the downstairs saloon. John pointed up to her and said, "Watch me get that cat, Pop!" John went up the stairs and little Shiloh rolled over on her back. She got petted and rubbed by the 220-pound human lug mummy with the gentle hands. She mewed with joy and great happiness.

There are no cats at my house until my son John befriended the knocked-up young girl Mister Mittens. For some reason that street cat used to race over to him for love, petting, and something to eat. He had no food for her sometimes but she would collapse in his lap while he petted her.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
1/8 Pole is always bitching about killing the cats. And then you catch him petting a cat and making baby talk while the cat squeals with joy.

There are no cats at my house until my son John befriended the knocked-up young girl Mister Mittens. For some reason that street cat used to race over to him for love, petting, and something to eat. He had no food for her sometimes but she would collapse in his lap while he petted her.

I know that. I was just "teasing" 1/8 pole.

My sister had the "same attitude" toward cats when my family had theirs.

Now, my sister and hubby adopted a young, wild feral cat last year that hung around their property. They live in woody, Southboro, MA.

To make a long story short, the young,female, very,very skittish feral cat started out with a $300. outdoor, double decker cedar cat house in the spring. Added a 20x20 mat to protect the cat's feet from the gravel base around the house. Come fall, added a 20 x 20 x 5ft cold frame upside down over the cat house to keep out the cold. MA is cold and the cat got an electric heating pad for both levels of the cat house run off the all-weather electric outlet on the nearby deck.

Until recently,the very skittish cat would only come to the slightly ajar deck door for treats, and wouldn't come inside. So, they had an automatic feeder/waterer installed under the coldframe with it's own electric heater to kep the water from freezing.

These are two people who :mrgreen: "didn't like cats to own..."

The little female cat, called "Kitty" now comes inside to visit...but still prefers the outside and her manse :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:37 am 

Wooley, I love Mister Mittens dearly. Yup, she's spayed and young but she ran the streets and gave birth last July in the dirt next to my front stoop.

But I go nutso bunso some mornings when she is in bed with me at dawn. She'll nudge my head with her head gently while staring at me with those emerald-green eyes. She'll have her two front paws across my forearm as I wake up. Those two front paws are loaded up with razor claws but all I get is soft pads across my face. And always the "green" stare.

The girl wants to eat and you can't beat up the chef - she's happy with me before becoming bitchy with a full belly during the day.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:45 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Wooley, I love Mister Mittens dearly. Yup, she's spayed and young but she ran the streets and gave birth last July in the dirt next to my front stoop.

But I go nutso bunso some mornings when she is in bed with me at dawn. She'll nudge my head with her head gently while staring at me with those emerald-green eyes. She'll have her two front paws across my forearm as I wake up. Those two front paws are loaded up with razor claws but all I get is soft pads across my face. And always the "green" stare.

The girl wants to eat and you can't beat up the chef - she's happy with me before becoming bitchy with a full belly during the day.

:lol: :lol: Mr Mittens has alot of 'tude!