The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Tough Little Runt Girl
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:26 pm 

Last weekend my wife bought an expensive carpeted cat perch for the living room. The momcat Mister Mittens didn't care as an "old" street cat but her daughter Shiloh and her son the tomcat Trouble loved it. They went nuts over the top of it but there is not room for two. There were fights.

The little girl Shiloh (Sweet Babycakes) is the most gentle cat you could ever meet. I can go up to her while she's napping and hold one of her front paws to pet it. She wakes up and looks at me and the paw I'm petting. And then she puts her head back down.

Top of the carpeted cat perch? Sweet Babycakes defends it like she's dead if her brother gets up there - she's all claws and teeth to hold her ground. She just loves to be there and she doesn't want company when she's perched there. She holds the high ground and throws some great "claw swats" while her brother is in the air trying to get up there with a leap. I can't figure out cats and neither can you. He gets into the circular gizmo just underneath and tries to grab a dangling tail or reach up with a large paw to knock her off but she's game.

That's Sweet Babycakes defending her territory this afternoon while her mother was searching for something underneath.

At the same time the huge tomcat Trouble was perched at a window catching a breeze and watching something intently out in front of the house.

Post subject: Re: Tough Little Runt Girl
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:35 pm 

And yet this morning Sweet Babycakes and her huge tomcat brother were on the floor just in front of their "battlefield". They were grooming each other's head and ears with their tongues. Their own tongues can't reach their ears or the top of their heads or the sides of their faces. The huge tom had his sister's small head between his two large front paws (claws in) while he worked her ears and head. Their mother Mister Mittens will still lick them from head to toe.

Cats are something to see.