The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Disabled By Turkey, Giblets, & Gravy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:59 pm 

While playing Delaware Park today I abused my cats by filling their bellies with premium cat food from Friskies for lunch - turkey, giblets, and gravy.

Sweet Babycakes was the cat that went down hardest - here we see her sleeping off the abused full belly on a bed in an air-conditioned room (please don't report me to the ASPCA):

Post subject: Re: Disabled By Turkey, Giblets, & Gravy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 pm 

Never though you'd be owned by three spoiled cats... who have the "life of Riley"..:mrgreen: with the "Pole" family!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:00 pm 

The bride of 38 years buys the cats special furniture, special treats, and special food. She was the one to have the cats go to Dr. Wallach for big bucks for spaying and neutering and the tests for every cat disease under the sun. That cost over two grand for the three of them.

I am happy to report that you can sometimes sneak a peek into my wife's bedroom and see her sleeping with a cat or two snoring right beside her all scrunched up in the blankets. All of the creatures seem to be in perfect harmony and that brings joy to my heart.

I wouldn't let that happen when the wife was 18 but things change over the decades.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 pm 

Your wife is a "smart cookie". Cats got shots, tests, and alterations.
Healthy housecats can have a long life.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 pm 

I'm not neutered and figure my days are numbered as an old street cat with ancient parasites still within me.

I get cats into my bed before dawn quite often nudging me and rubbing paws across my face (claws in) in a search for a human to come downstairs and serve breakfast. It's never Sweet Babycakes though, it's her mother and brother while she sits alongside my bed watching the action.

Waking up to a Momcat with her small all-pink nose touching your's with warm breath gently breezing your face is quite an experience.

When I roll out of the bed the cats take off like bullets and gather at their feed dishes in the kitchen downstairs.

They are patient. When I go pee they understand my human weakness and do not become upset.

After I pee and feed them they go off to catch the sleep they screwed me out of.