The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Changing Of The Guard
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:18 pm 

I did a lot of gaurd duty stateside as a Marine. You learned your ten general orders and could recite them by rote. During Vietnam there was an 11th general order - "I walk my post a mile a minute with a forty-five with nothing in it."

Anyway, Sweet Babycakes was guarding my home this evening from a perch up in my disgusting man cave. Her mother showed up and bit her neck and then swatted her daughter with a paw (claws in). Little Shiloh went someplace else while her mother Mister Mittens took over at the window.

Cats are strange creatures when they run messages to one another.

Post subject: Re: Changing Of The Guard
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:04 pm 

Mr Mittens is still the "queen".

At least Shiloh has a personality.

My sister had a Mom cat...and kept the female kitten. Momcat was overbearing, and poor little Shadow had no personality...always "hid behind Mom". A real scaredy cat.

Post subject: Re: Changing Of The Guard
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:10 pm 

The enormous tomcat Trouble is a sweet gentle fellow.

Last night my wife had him in her lap and was diddledicking to get a new cat harness on him so that she could take him outside. Things weren't going well and the cat kept flashing fangs and claws but never went to strike her with any of his weapons.

Once outside on a long lead he was happy on the grass but something in his cat mind told him that he should be "out there" and he went to his haunches and began to yelp out cat noises. I was thinking that "no balls" after the castration didn't have his brain cut as a male.

Damn, that tomcat will jump into bed with me in the dark at 4 a.m. to wake me up and I'll rub his ears. That sonuvabitch will flop and expect to be rubbed and groped all over while making strange cat noises. The claws and fangs never show up.