The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: I'm Still A Dope With Cats
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:40 pm 

With a huge AC unit out of a window at the side of the house upstairs I made a new cat perch yesterday. I picked up little Sweet Babycakes and laid her into the window sill. She loved the new view but after an hour I thought she was worried about jumping out of there since the window is at the top of the stairs.

So I made steps for her to get down with a cat perch and a folding chair so that she could come down in increments.

Well, when little Shiloh wanted to come down she just leaped and landed happy and healthy on all-fours and galloped downstairs as a "white blur".

My son caught the action and said, "Jeez, Pop, you're an a$$hole."

Sweet Babycakes is leaping over the chair and cat perch to get to the window sill today and I'm still an a$$hole.

Post subject: Re: I'm Still A Dope With Cats
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:17 pm 

This was the setup that Shiloh flew over with the springs in her little legs and the athletic ability that Mom Nature bestowed upon her for a shot to live in the world. This is my a$$hole contraption to help her get to the window sill that wasn't needed.

This afternoon after a nice lunch Shiloh laid out on my wife's leather desk chair in the den instead of being upstairs with a human a$$hole.

Brother Trouble laid out on the sofa in the den to be with his sister. That guy is more than twice the size of his sister but you could be blind and still see the love that these two have for one another. I cringe every time I think about my wife and I kicking around about keeping a third cat - Sweet Babycakes had her ticket punched to go the North Shore Animal League (no kill) but we are thrilled that she is here with us. Big Brother loves his little runt girl sister dearly: