The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Tuesday Night 10/25 Late Cat Pix
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:18 am 

I never go to bed or off to a bus stop in a trenchcoat at night without checking on the cats. Tonight I could not find the momcat Mister Mittens anywhere in the house. My son had not seen her either. I was going to my old dirthy bed up in the man cave when I espied a young girl upon my comforter - 'twas Mister Mittens. She usually jumps on my bed only to bug me for breakfast at or before dawn but she's a cat and decided to crash upon my bed tonight. I will never figure out cats and neither will anybody else.

Downstairs in my wife's bed Shiloh the little girl runt cat was balled up for sleep in a position I don't think I could ever try. Sometimes she sleeps on her side with her legs stretched out as if she had been caught in time leaping a fence but not tonight:

The huge tom Trouble is laid out with his sister and yeah nobody can mate after all the operations but damn the big lug likes to be with his little runt sister. The little girl is a wonderful cat and we didn't snag her with the nickname "Sweet Babycakes" for nothing. In playfights the tom will lay down and let the little girl kick his ass while he bats her with paws (claws in).

Cat families are more strange than human families but they do less harm.

Post subject: Re: Tuesday Night 10/25 Late Cat Pix
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:43 am 

The momcat Mister Mittens woke up when I was putting my camera away. I snapped a shot and she went back to sleep - she understands threats as a former street cat and she knows I am not one of them although she has me ripped up pretty good for petting her hindquarters and peeking underneath her tail.

Post subject: Re: Tuesday Night 10/25 Late Cat Pix
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:34 pm 

:mrgreen: Mr Mittens is smart. She knows your wife is away...so she is making sure that YOU remember that SHE is still here expecting all the services she is accustomed to...