The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Note In My Mailbox About The Feral Cats I Feed & TNR
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:30 pm 

The mailbox at your home has a long history of being "declared" sacred property by the United States Government. The mailbox belongs to you but only postage-paid U.S. mail is allowed to get into it by law.

I caught a lovely hand-written note in my mailbox a couple of days ago. It was easy to tell by an old fart out of my day that a woman had written the note even before I got to the sign off. Barbara informed me that I could catch a lot of help at no cost to me to trap, neuter and return the feral cats that I feed here. Ear clips too and vaccinations and great care.

I have five or six regulars here now and a few more that show up for food from around the neighborhood. I feed them every day.

The Town of Hempstead animal shelter in Wantagh will TNR at no cost with an $80 refundable deposit for the trap - one cat at a time. That's a tough pull.

Barbara from cattrapper.org tells me that her outfit works with my Town of Hempstead and that I can gather up some ferals all at once and have them neutered and vaccinated. And get cat-loving people here to gather up the cats with me.

The busty teen bride who turned 63 two days ago and the old Marine running into 70 both have checkbooks (her's is fatter). I made the call and I'll post about what happens.

Post subject: Re: The Note In My Mailbox About The Feral Cats I Feed & TNR
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:11 am 

:)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:23 pm 

I just spent a half hour on the phone with Barbara from catttrapper.org. An unknown neighbor from nearby who was feeding cats and had them TNRed by Barbara's outfit mentioned that I was caring for some feral cats and that's how I got the note in my mailbox.

We're in the process of working out the logistics of trapping the ferals here and having them neutered and vaccinated. We're going to do this later this week or the week of May 21st. The new kittens out back will be taken away for adoption (no-kill, no town shelter).

Some real good news is that the young "socialized" Emily was likely trapped at the neighbor's and placed in a no-kill adoption situation. We loved sweet Emily at my house.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:38 am 

Barbara was here on Tuesday to meet the ferals. She left a humane trap with both sides open and I've been putting food in it so the cats will enter it to eat and leave.

On Thursday we'll try to trap and transport a few for neutering, shots and ear clips.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:52 am 

:D :D :D