The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Handrails & Insurance & Home Ownership
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:04 pm 

Back in '78 we had our son (1/8 Pole, John) in diapers, a house and not a lot of furniture. I knew Frank Mc from a saloon or two and he was older than me but we had attended a school "together" in different years. We knew the same nuns and priests that belted kids. He had a classmate Carol who was an agent for Nationwide Insurance. Carol worked out a sweet deal for us and as the years went by we tied up our cars with the home for a discount.

Fast forward to 2017. Carol is retired and her son is our insurance agent. Frank died recently.

Insurance? Nationwide has never paid a car crash claim simply because the wife and I have never crashed a car. They paid less than half a grand when a hurricane blew off a piece of siding years ago. Nationwide has made some good dollars out of my house.

The premiums keep going up for 2017. The busty teen bride on Social Security goes shopping. We get a great deal from Geico for both the car and the home. Nationwide gets tossed for a savings of almost two grand for a year.

There were no hand railings on the stoops to catch the great insurance deal and the bride didn't like the "new" front stoop from a few years back.

Cousin Courtney sent over a crew to rebuild the front stoop from the 1947 dirt and had it topped off with expensive "blue stone" for her Aunt Colleen. Today another crew came in for the hand rails to get into compliance with our homeowners' insurance.

Post subject: Re: Handrails & Insurance & Home Ownership
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 pm 

Whoa! Really very nice :mrgreen: