The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Kitten Adoptions & A Report To Wooley
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:05 pm 

Barbara from cattrappers.org has reported to me that the feisty orange kitten born here and trapped a couple of weeks was adopted by an 8-year-old girl with the full approval of her parents for a forever home.

Another orange kitten and a black kitten that were trapped here have been tested for "socialization" and were OK'ed to be adopted once the people at the no-kill Last Chance Rescue tested them for being with humans. There comes a point in time when a feral kitten will become a bad-ass house cat and will not take to being cooped up in a home and being a good pet.

The momcat Mister Mittens was beyond socialization seven years ago when I took her in. She's rolled up today in a comfy bed with a full belly and air conditioning but she's a wild animal still and will want to be on the street again once the snow comes back. Yeah, right.

The last black kitten from Catty Patty with the white feet was trapped last week and I am told that the cat may be placed into an adoption situation after being "tested" for being OK with human contact. If not, the cat will be allowed to mature and be neutered and returned to me as a feral but I'm hoping that kitten gets grabbed by people that can give it a good home.

The bride and I are out more than half a grand for TNR with the cats that are outside (trap, neuter, return) and we have taken in three street cats. I don't expect to see any more kittens for a while and neither of us expect to see ourselves on TV as those "crazy cat people".

Post subject: Re: Kitten Adoptions & A Report To Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:20 am 

:D :D :D Bravo!!!